Sunday, February 18, 2007

Looking forward to King of the Road

I registered yesterday for the Adidas King of the Road set a week from now in Davao City. This will be my first 10k race for the year.

I have run this course several times before in my previous running life (before my "inactivity", that is). It is a relatively flat out and back course that promises a faster time for me.

I live, work, and do my 5x-a-week runs in Kidapawan, a little more than a hundred kilometers from the race venue. My 52:33.93 10k this morning could well be described as my average 10k time in this hilly city up in the highlands of Cotabato. Perhaps, the best I can go here would be 50 minutes.

I hope the relatively flat Davao course and the city's lower altitude will help me do the race in less than 50 minutes. Maybe something like 45:00. I think that would be a good goal.

I still have a week for further preparations. I am looking forward to doing 6k runs on Teusday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I might even make that an easy 10k on Friday.

Hopefully, with all the work I have put in these past weeks, this would be a good run for me.

No comments:

What matters is the run

 For the past two weeks, I have been running in my more than two years old pair of Saucony Kinvara 10s. They still felt good through several...