Tuesday, September 06, 2011

I am a runner


My lungs burn;
I gasp for air
with every step.
These hills...
They are killers.
I have done four
and there are six more
kilometers to run.
The hardest parts
seem to always come
when you have already run
your legs
to near exhaustion.
I push on-
on legs
becoming as logs
with every step
on the steep
incline.
I push on-
as the cold gust
hits my sweat soaked body
chilling me
to the bone.
I push on.
Just six more steps
and I turn...
There are ten more
kilometers to run.

I lean on the fence
tired.
I slump on the floor
exhausted.
I am a runner
spent.

Tomorrow
I run again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi..
this is actually my third time to read and visit this post. I just want you to know I included you on my top choice for most Versatile Bloggers i mentioned on my post.
http://puddinggirl.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/the-versatile-blogger-award-goes-to/
Hoping to bump into you personally in one of the run or race in Davao soon!

What matters is the run

 For the past two weeks, I have been running in my more than two years old pair of Saucony Kinvara 10s. They still felt good through several...