Monday, July 13, 2015

Life has its seasons; running too


There is no denying it. I am in a rut right now.

My mileage has dropped over the past two months, and attempts to do better have not been very successful. If there is something I find consoling, it is that I haven't totally given up running. I still muster the will power to get out of bed in the wee hours on certain days and go for a run. Be it work or age catching up with me, the fact is I am struggling to get back to the usual grind.

Right now, I am telling myself this is temporary. I am telling myself I can get out of this rut, if not tomorrow then maybe the next day or the day after that. I am telling myself the running days will become more frequent, the distance covered in every running day will increase, that I will be leaving this staleness behind.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sir Caloy - I've been reading your blog and very interesting po ang story nyo about your running. Runner din po ako and sometimes to medyo I'm also in a rut but hindi naman po talaga permanent.. my times lang talaga na busy or kailangan ng body natin ng rest... member po pala ako ng Ayala Triads here in Makati po... keep on running Sir Caloy!

Carlos Bautista said...

So true. Keep on running as well.

What matters is the run

 For the past two weeks, I have been running in my more than two years old pair of Saucony Kinvara 10s. They still felt good through several...